One of the best things about living in LA is how easy it is to convince people to visit. When I moved here, friends were lining up to get a spot on my calendar, eager to leave the cold and enjoy our never-ending sunshine! After hosting a variety of visitors, I’ve put together my top five things to do with fitness enthusiast friends.
1. Go for a hike. This one might go without saying since it’s so rare to have an ugly day in LA; spend time outside! My two favorite hikes are Runyon Canyon (great for people watching and not too long) and the Hollywood sign hike (about six miles but you get amazing views of the city and, of course, the sign!).
2. Grab yogurt at Go Greek. If you follow me on Insta you can probably tell that I am OBSESSED with this place. They offer authentic Greek yogurt and frozen Greek yogurt topped with fresh fruits and sweet honey. The yogurt is packed with protein and probiotics so you don’t feel too guilty afterwards! This is also a Kardashian favorite so your guests are likely to do some celeb spotting, too.
3. Check out an LA exclusive workout. We are #blessed with so many great places to sweat in this city and your guests are bound to love them. Some of my favorites that you can’t find elsewhere are Speedplay LA, Rise Nation, Cycle House, Sandbox Fitness, and Lagree Fitness Studio. Many even have a “first class free” option!
4. DIY photoshoot. LA is also known for its colorful walls that make gorgeous backgrounds for pictures. My favorites are the pink wall on Melrose and the LOVE wall in Culver City. You can find a list of some of the popular options here. It’s a great way to tour the city while filling your feed with likeable images.
5. Eat healthy. Most people think vacations are a time to binge eat fried food (I’m not going to completely disagree), but in LA there’s no reason to go crazy on snacks that will make you feel sluggish because we have so many delicious healthy options. I recommend trying local juice places and acai bowls. My favorites are LA Juice, Kreation, Nekter and Backyard Bowls (pictured below). If you’re in the mood for savory restaurant options, check out Gracias Madre and Café Gratitude—both vegan and super trendy.
Whether you take my advice or not, your guests are bound to have an incredible trip to the City of Angels!
Have any must-sees that I missed? Share the wealth and comment below!